Former CCAO members to serve in prominent roles in Ohio House
Earlier this week, Speaker of the House Jason Stephens announced his leadership team and the chairs and vice chairs of House committees. Former commissioners and county councilors will serve in many roles.
Speaker Stephens himself is a former Lawrence County Commissioner and the assistant majority whip, Representative Sharon Ray, is a former Medina County Commissioner.
Former commissioners and council members chairing or vice chairing committees are:
- Former Preble Commissioner Rodney Creech will chair House Agriculture and former Paulding County Commissioner Roy Klopfenstein will serve as vice chair.
- Former Wayne Commissioner Scott Wiggam will chair the new committee House Constitutional Resolutions.
- Former Delaware County Commissioner Kris Jordan will chair House Financial Institutions.
- Former Fayette County Commissioner Bob Peterson will chair House Government Oversight.
- Former Pickaway County Commissioner Brian Stewart will vice chair House Public Health Policy.
- Former Richland County Commissioner Marilyn John will chair House State and Local Government.
- Former Summit County Council Member Bill Roemer will chair House Ways and Means.
Additionally, former Lake County Commissioner and former CCAO President Dan Troy will serve as the ranking member of the House Agriculture and House Ways and Means.