The County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO) is seeking to fill the position of Communications Coordinator.
Specifically, the position is responsible for the coordination of external and internal communication efforts that support the strategic direction of CCAO and its entities. The position will plan, write, design and layout communication pieces and social media; produce short videos and podcasts; maintain CCAO and its entities websites; develop and implement media outreach and educational strategies; monitor media outlets for mentions of CCAO and its entities; take and edit photographs at events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience in communications strategy and writing as well as media relations. Design and layout experience that includes print, visual, audio and video formats. Skill in the use of InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress and Microsoft Office. Possess the ability to develop promotional copy and perform technical editorial work.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with coursework in public relations, journalism or related field OR extensive experience with county government and strong communications skills. Minimum of 3 years of related experience required. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and the ability to meet insurance requirements. Familiarity with county government is a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, references and writing samples to CCAO Boards’ Liaison & Events Manager Robin Garrett at email@example.com by close of business Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
Illustrative Duties: (The duties listed below are intended to depict some tasks performed by this position.)
- Write and distribute press releases, media advisories, newsletters, and on occasion, coordinate news conferences.
- Design and visually enhance various communication pieces such as conference materials, educational brochures, quarterly electronic magazine and annual reports.
- Develop media contacts to ensure the association and its entities are being portrayed in the media properly.
- Maintain and enhance the CCAO social media presence.
- Oversee the CCAO’s and its entities website design and navigation and update the homepage features.
- Research and implement new cost-effective communication methods and technologies.
- Define and regulate internal association communications to be consistent with branding.
- Assist with exterior brand promotion and development of promotional items.
- Develop a communication plan for the association to achieve objectives with key audiences.
- Coordinate media inquiries according to the media policy and involves appropriate staff.
- Monitor news for mentions of CCAO and its entities.
- Take photographs and make edits to pictures from events.
- Produce short videos and podcasts.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.
- May be required to travel which may include traveling overnight, though infrequent.