Mark your calendars and plan to attend the County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO) New Member Training Seminar for new commissioners and council members. The seminar will be held on Feb. 11-13 at the Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square in downtown Columbus. CCAO encourages veteran commissioners and council members to attend with your newly elected peers to network and learn about YOUR association.
Educational Sessions and Hotel Rooms
Sheraton Columbus Hotel on Capitol Square, 75 E. State Street, Columbus, OH
Registration opens on Monday, Feb. 11 at 3 PM. Sessions/Statehouse visit and tour conclude on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 2 PM.
Seminar topics to help you with your new job…
- County Employment Basics
- County Procurement
- Open Meetings and Public Records
- County Budgeting Basics
- Ethics Laws
- Human Services
- Justice and Public Safety
- County Economic Development and Workforce Development Essentials
Topics to help you learn more about CCAO…
- Legislative advocacy and policy initiatives – advocating for your county at the Statehouse in Columbus
- CCAO insurance programs that save counties money: County Risk Sharing Authority (CORSA) and County Employee Benefits Consortium of Ohio (CEBCO)
- CCAO Service Corporation programs – promoting the best practices and policies in the administration of county government
- National Association of Counties (NACo) – advocating for your county on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Registration fee: $135 (includes conference materials and breaks: Monday dinner; Tuesday breakfast, lunch and dinner; Wednesday breakfast and lunch)
New this year – charge card payments are being accepted for registration payments.
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, 75 E. State Street, Columbus, OH
Room rate: $122 single/double. Hotel reservation deadline: January 25
Hotel reservations: 614/635-4500, 800/325-3535 or online.